About Me

My photo
Hi! I’m Barb. But then, you probably already figured that out. I’m a middle aged woman in the middle of rural America, trying to hang on for dear life. My world revolves around my family, first and foremost. I live on a farm in NE Kansas with my husband and some critters. I have an awesome daughter, and three precious grandbabies who live close by. I blog about my life; good, bad, or otherwise at barb-wired. I also blog about food at barb-wired adventures in the kitchen. Glad you’re here; hope you're crazy enough to stick around!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Bag Kabobs




So, first things first.  This is NOT my recipe.  Credit for it is given at the bottom.  I found this on the KOA website while searching for camping recipes.  Ugh.  Camping.  Not on my top 10 list of favorite things to do.  Not even in my top 100.  But my husband is bound and determined that this is the summer we are finally going to use that new 10 person tent we bought 5 years ago.  I guess buying a boat last year didn't help matters (for me that is).  Now we can camp AND boat all at the same time!  Yee Haw.  Tune in later to see how this all turns out.  In the meantime, I thought this recipe looked like something we might like.  I'm going for SIMPLE things to cook over the fire.  You'd be surprised at how many camp fire recipes there are for crap I wouldn't even cook at home, much less in the great outdoors.  The only reason I'm blogging about this recipe is because I want to pin it, and there was no link to do so on the KOA page.  I'll make a foot note after we try it and let you know if it's worth fixing!  In the mean time, wish me luck!


 




Bottom of Form


Bag Kabobs


Ingredients


  • beef or chicken
  • bell peppers
  • mushrooms
  • onion
  • jalapeno peppers (optional)
  • small potatoes
  • zucchini squash
  • fresh garlic
  • 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
  • lemon or lime
  • McCormick's Salt-free Chicken seasoning
  • powdered butter flavoring
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • lemon pepper seasonings
  • dill


Preparation


Boil potatoes for approximately 4-5 minutes depending on size. They should still be firm and crisp, not mushy. They will finish cooking on the grill. Let potatoes cool completely before putting in foil bag. Chop bell peppers, onion and zucchini squash into large pieces. Put chopped vegetables, whole jalapenos, whole potatoes and whole mushrooms into a large foil bag with garlic, olive oil, lemon or lime juice, soy sauce, butter flavoring, lemon pepper seasonings, and dill. Cut meat into large stew size pieces. Put meat in a separate foil bag with 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, chicken seasonings, butter flavoring and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. When using more than one kind of meat, put in separate bags. Place the foil bags into larger 2 gallon ziplock bags to store while traveling. To cook, remove foil bags from plastic ziplock bags and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning after 5-6 minutes. Let sit before opening bags.


Submitted By


Deb McMillen, Olathe, KS


Categories


Campfire Cooking




No comments:

Post a Comment